If you have a payment to make in the future, but are worried about rates moving against you, a Forward Contract could be just what you are looking for.
You can fix and thereby guarantee your exchange rate up to 2 years ahead; very handy if you are buying a property abroad and would like to have your cost fixed in sterling for example.
We can quote a rate for the currency you need, based on a date or a period of time when you want the currency to be sent in the future. If you are happy with the quote, you can ask us to fix the rate for you, and we would then ask for a deposit (typically 10% of the total), with the balance becoming due at the agreed time. Once settled, your 'buying' currency is sent at your instruction, at the rate originally agreed.
If you are buying or selling overseas property, this is a great tool to allow you to control your budget in Pounds, rather than leave the true cost down to luck in the currency markets - which can be expensive!
Register with Currency Index
- Minimum £10,000 order value
- Fixed, guaranteed rate up to 2 years ahead
- No additional charges
- Options to draw down the 'buying' currency in part or in whole during the fixed period
- Perfect for buying or selling overseas property
- Secure your rate from the live market, by phone or email with your Currency Index account manager